6 weeks left in the Ocean Challenge!
Students Rebuild Team
As the finish line for the Ocean Challenge is in sight, we’re excited to give you a few updates on the work our incredible community has accomplished together! Here are a few fun facts:
- We’re 78% of the way to our goal in raising funds for ocean conservation projects and coastal communities! Many of the funded projects have made a huge impact. Learn more on our Stories page!
- 1,112 teams are currently registered for the Challenge with new teams continuing to join. We are set to make a new Students Rebuild record of the most teams if any Challenge if we exceed 1,278 teams.
- 194,558 pieces of student made-art has been submitted to date! And it is as beautiful, colorful and inspiring as the creature found in our ocean. Check out some of it in our Facebook Album.
- 48 states have teams participating in the Challenge. Help us spread the word to get to the final 2 states: Alaska and Wyoming!
- 37 countries have joined the Challenge. We’re truly a global community with teams in every part of the world from Albania to Zimbabwe and everything in between!
- 200+ teams representing over 60,000 youth have already submitted art to raise funds. There is still plenty of time to make and submit art before our deadline on June 8, 2019—World Oceans Day!
- It’s almost time… We’ve secured a partner and site for our 2019 art culmination exhibit and will be sharing all about it in our May Newsletter! This is where we take art from all the packages you’ve mailed to us and work with an artist to create a large and impactful visual display—your art for the Ocean Challenge will continue to make waves in this special exhibit. Be sure to follow us on social or subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news!
We’re excited for what we have already accomplished and to finish strong together.
Don’t forget to submit your art for the Challenge ahead of the June 8th deadline and if you are just learning about the Challenge, it’s not too late to register and make an impact!